Re Negative Correlation with Education Level
- The scientific thinking that belittles the Jesus concept is naturally biased.
- It turns out that one hemisphere of the human brain can sense -- or imagine -- what we call "transcendence" (the basis of all religion) -- the other, apparently, cannot.
- Public education in the West teaches almost exclusively to that latter hemisphere. Our scientists are the result.
- The hemisphere that can ‘perceive’ transcendence processes information "holistically" -- the other hemisphere processes information "analytically."
- Consequently, we seem stuck with two possibilities -- either, the analytic hemisphere is "transcendence blind," or the holistic hemisphere hallucinates.
- It so happens that if we believe in "free will," and that life has "Meaning," we are forced to believe that the analytic hemisphere is transcendence blind.
- And fortunately, Aristotle seemed to agree with us when he claimed that "The whole is greater than the sum of its parts." That seems to be the answer.
- And then, we humans in general – as noted above -- are not as smart as we think we are (most of us, that is). We should expect that there is much more to reality than we currently understand.
- And finally, there’s immortality – I’ll have to explain.